Everyone is welcome at the Balboa Union Church.
We are a Christian community comprised of members from different faiths & denominations: these are principally based on the Reformed tradition (such as Methodists, Catholics, Presbyterians and Evangelicals) and also from other religions. What unites us is our desire to grow in the Christian example of Love and Justice and to apply this message by serving our community, encouraging diversity and practicing compassion for those in need.
Our storied past is tied to the construction of the Panama Canal as the US government authorities in those times intended for a Union church to be build for all Christian families to worship together. When the Canal transitioned to Panama in the late 1900’s, the church became a smaller, more international group – but it has kept its focus on Community outreach.
It is the mission of this Church to draw together followers of Jesus Christ
- TO BE A BRIDGE: of cooperation and understanding among religious groups of all faiths.
- TO BE A BRIDGE: of acceptance of others, regardless of social class, race, gender or sexual orientation.
- TO BE A BRIDGE: of freedom in the study of religion, interpretation of scripture, and the practice of faith.
- TO BE A BRIDGE: of God’s love to a troubled world, exercising a generosity of spirit to all those in need.
- TO BE A BRIDGE: between all of God’s children; mirroring and practicing the love that God has for us.
We are now a mixed church (expats, Panamanians, and permanent residents), offering a traditional service at 10.00 a.m. in mostly English.
At the moment we are looking at options for various short-term Family Sunday School programs (running 8-12 weeks) for the first semester and second semester, in which we offer breakfast, a fun inter-generational fellowship time and then separate adult and children’s classes where we explore our faith in age-appropriate settings.
We are also a community passionately involved in outreach programs that address the needs of the elderly, and others in need.
Our membership welcomes people from all over the world who seek to serve God with a loving heart!
You are welcome in this place regardless of socio-economic status, race or ethnic origin. You will enjoy the warm and friendly people in our Balboa Union Church.
All are welcome. All are loved.